Monday, March 3, 2008

Recherche

I think I have reached a new level in my life. One in which I no longer trust my emotions and what it might or might not represent. I feel like I did such a successful job of building a tall and pretty wall imitating the "me" other people see, so much so that I feel empty inside. It's as if the room I've built is so large that the inner me is struggling to keep up with the image I have set for myself. As a result, I have decided to focus on the inner child. I no longer want to maintain the walls around me but rather live within myself. If this means I have to distance myself socially from others or to take a step back from being in the spotlight, then I am willing to go there. I no longer want to care or assume what other people think of me except to remind myself to do the right thing when it comes to treating others. Otherwise, I want to live as one and be content with the me that only I feel and assume. This newfound change has already begun to set me aside from the superficial things I normally care about. I want to walk slowly but surely and most likely alone. I can only ask for God and Buddha to give me the strength to proceed onto paths less treaded.

No comments: